11 July 2008
There are certain things that I have come to appreciate since coming here. One is indoor plumbing. Well not even indoor plumbing so much as lights in or even close to the toilet or shower. If I wish to shower at night I have to get it done before 6:30ish or it’s too dark. I have propped up a flashlight but it’s weird. Also I am not a fan of using a headlamp to use the bathroom at night. Even though I have an outhouse I think it’s closer to me than the bathroom at my parents house.
There are 3 things that I have brought with me that have proved to be indispensible. The first is duct tape, if I have to explain this you are just missing out on one of the greatest assets ever. The next was a surprise to me and it is a travel sewing kit. I have no idea how many times I have used this kit. I’ve sewn buttons on shirts and pants, mended bags, sheets, and shorts, and stitched up the knife wound in my leg. OK there was no knife wound, figured this blog could use some action. The last is my Leatherman. I have had this for probably had this for almost 10 years and have used it more the past year than all other years combined. Pretty sure I have used ever tool on it. Might have to look into getting a new one when I come home as some spots are getting rusty mainly the hinges and WD-40 only helps so much.
4 comments:
Not sure what happened to my first comment. I must have hit a key and it was somehow deleted.
I'm certainly impressed that you cook and sew. I also know that you can clean - you just choose not to! :)
Aww, survival man meets Martha Stewart!
Sam
So, you are proving to the Samoans that you can still be a manly alpha male and still sew....since most think that is women's work over there. Or do you do it under dark of night, behind closed doors?
Post a Comment